Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Every Home A Toxic Waste Dump

By order of Congress, the light bulb we have all knows will be history. It won't be able to be sold any more, anywhere in the country. In its place, Congress wants us all to buy the "curly fries bulb", A.K.A. compact fluorescent bulb. These things are expensive, don't last anywhere near as long as they like to pretend, and contain mercury. That means that, when one breaks (as always happens to bulbe in homes), you have toxic waste that comes under Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations.

My reaction: Let There Be (100 Watt Incandescent) Light!

Where did Congress get the authority to require that every home and workplace in America become a toxic waste site? That doesn't sound very Green to me!

No comments: