Monday, April 4, 2011

Not An Appropriate Price

A short time ago, I got an e-mail titled something like “Comments from 1955” that included a picture from a Maine gas station from that year.


That brought back memories from the late 1960s. I had a 1956 Plymouth for the last part of my time in high school. In high school, and at graduation in 1965, I was paying 19.9¢ per gallon for regular gas. I was pretty pissed off that fall when I got to Los Angeles and had to pay the exhorbitant price of 25.9¢ per gallon! Oddly enough, it didn't anger me nearly as much four years later (1969) when I got to Chicago and had to pay 35.9¢ per gallon.

Now, skip ahead with me in time. Four years ago, I said,“$3 Is Not An Appropriate Price for 85¢ Worth of Gas!” Well, since then, the price of gas bot a lot better, dropping by half by the end of 2008 and beginning of 2009 when I paid $1.409 (one dollar, forty point nine cents) per gallon. Since then, prices have gone up to well above the price that pissed me off back then.


And these prices piss me off again!

No comments: