An article in The Telegraph today noted the removal of an artwork from a Paris art exhibition.
The French-Algerian artist, Zoulikha Bouabdellah, withdrew the work from an exhibition in a northern Paris suburb with a large Muslim population after an Islamic group told local authorities it could provoke “uncontrollable, irresponsible incidents”.Thus, the Islamic group admits that its co-religionists are completely, irredeemably uncivilized.
Look at a small portion of the evidence:
- A rather inoffensive picture showing women's shoes and a small rug would provoke, according to an Islamic group in this instance, “uncontrollable, irresponsible incidents” of violent behavior.
- Satirical cartoons provoke a a group of gunmen to attack a magazine office and murder those inside.
- Milder cartoons published in 2005 produced murderous riots, elsewhere, six months later.
- Damaging, or even disrespecting, a printed item is accepted as justifying execution and murder.
- A simple statement that "I believe in (whatever, not Islam)" is "insulting Islam" often a capital offense.
- Muslims justify rape in Western countries saying the sight of even a single lock of a woman's hair drives Muslim men to uncontrollable sexual behavior. But note that most of the Muslim world, before the Muslim Brotherhood, clearly didn't believe this not even in Afghanistan.
A scene in pre-Taliban Afghanistan.
- Muslims justify "honor killings" for anything that "offends" them murder is the solution to almost everything. (There is never any honor in such "honor" killings, which are simply unjustifiable common murders.)
- Muslim sects justify the murder of innocents (such as 150 Pakistani schoolchildren) on the grounds that their parents & relatives aren't sufficiently Islamist.
- Muslims believe than anyone leaving Islam must be killed, because it insults Islam and because Mohammed commanded it. Again, murder is the solution to almost everything, just like in any criminal gang.
It's either that or it's all just excuses for uncivilized behavior.
Please feel free to pass on other elements demonstrating uncivilized behavior in the comments.