Friday, September 3, 2010

Combat Troops Out of Iraq?

Got this in e-mail this week, and thought it worth passing along.

Hey, everybody! I just wanted to send a quick update and give y'all the REAL story on what's going on over here with the troop withdrawal.

The picture is of my crew and I on a break during a mission.   The guy to the far left is my gunner (Burks) and the guy in the middle is my driver (Mizell).  They go with me on every mission and are great guys.


The reason I'm sending this out is because I have had a few people ask if I left Iraq early because all of the combat troops are out of Iraq and I wanted to let everyone know the real deal.

It's kind of ridiculous how the news is saying that the last of the "combat" troops are out of Iraq because of Pres Obama.  He says that it was his campaign promise.


Take our Brigade for example.  We were originally called a HBCT (Heavy Brigade Combat Team).  Well, since Obama said he would pull all of the "combat" troops out by Aug, all they did before we left was change our name from a HBCT to a AAB (Advise and Assist Brigade).  We have the same personnel/equipment layout as before and are doing the same missions.  The ONLY difference is that they changed our name from a HBCT to an AAB and that's how he is getting away with saying that he has pulled all of the "combat" troops out.


It is really ridiculous what he's doing and he has ticked a lot of people off.  And it's funny how the media is buying all of it, too.  So no the last combat troops are not out of Iraq. We are still here.  There are other Brigades just like ours that are doing the same missions that are still over here.

Sorry for going on about it but we are just sitting over here watching it and are like "You've got to be kidding me!"  So anyway now you know the REAL story, so that's why I'm not coming back early.  You have to watch those liberals, they're sneaky!

Anyways I hope everyone is doing well and I'll see you soon!

Travis

No comments: